Tuesday 17 September 2013

A short one - thank god' comes the reply .......

I like to talk ... I will talk to strangers and share quite intimate secrets and I also like to make people feel good, sometimes I have been warmed by the passing compliment of a stranger so think others must feel the same way, but really should do the proverbial ..... gears in place before mouth in action..... so when I got on the bus on a cold autumn day and was followed by an amazonian lady wearing the most beautiful cerise coat, I felt the need to comment.... the colour was wonderful on her and complimented her dark hair and creamy skin colour ...and when the days turn darker it was a wonderful flash of 'feel good' colour ... so when I smiled at her and commented, I was attempting to convey the brightness she had shared with me.... My words were meant to expose my lack of courage and habit of wearing dark colours - ranging from Navy to Black and back again maybe stopping at a mucky brown.... what came out of mouth can only be excused by its good intentions.....

 'Oh what a wonderful coat - I wouldn't have the nerve to wear it !!'

Her expression can only be described as crestfallen followed by confusion and a flash of anger returning to confusion - I then lost all the power of speech ... if only it had happened before and failed to explain why I felt the need to insult a stranger before I had to leave the bus trying to express my apologies by a glance up the bus before stumbling off and resisting the temptation to crumble to the floor and place my head between my legs moaning .... in the style of Basil Fawlty.

Tourettes ....maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Boy I wish I had a pound, oh well alright £100, for all the times I blundered into inappropriateness. I'll buy Renaissance Baps a cerise coat sometime perhaps.

    ReplyDelete